Friday, December 26, 2008

Girls High episode 2

Yeah, thats right. On Christmas day, Ima looser. In all fairness however, it is 2 in the morning of the 26th so its not quite as sad. Anyway what else to do?

episode 2 ~ The scent of a girl's shyness

Okay, its worth noting that I'm in a much different mood then the last time that I wrote one of these. Last time I was in a "who would watch this on TV...? its mindless and dumb" kind of mood. This time I'm in a "OMG ITS LEIK SO HAWT MOAR" kind of mood. As you can imagine I'm enjoying it.

Starting off, the plot of the episode is about a physical that all the girls must take. However this isnt a normal physical, oh no. Its much cooler and consumes a greatly unessisary amount of time. Basicly, all the girls must travel around the school to the 14 different stations while very scantly clothed (paper sheets). At each station they must collect a gem stone which combined will unlock the door to the evil shadow lord Halgreth.... Okay so I lied, but everything prior to the part about the gemstones was true. Personally I think that the shadow lord thing would make a much better plot. Clearly there is a reason why I'm writing about anime and not writing anime.

and to make about half, lets throw in some pictures of mai meganekko



not sure whats going on in her mind
but I want in.

B,A, select, start -
Does anyone else find this
strangely attractive?



Speaking of her, I'm quite surprised they pulled the upskirt wind routine. I didnt think that had been used for about 90 years


Another thing that this episode has is some character development for generic female F-2 (the tall-blond). It would apear she has some sort of friend, specificly of the male variety and is causing generic-anime-feamale A-2 distress. (where letter is the importance of the character and number is the school that said character is from) ... I'm really not sure why I wrote that like I did. I'm also really not sure where that sub plot decided to go - probably to the next episode, actually.

We get some intense fanservice, of course (I figured it was a given, but let me finish, its called writing with flow) More stuff that we get is some insight into the characters personalitys (tailored to rather specific tastes) generic-anime-feamale C-2 gets her height mesured ...
very interesting


Nerd mode activate!

The reason that I say very interesting is because the character in question is 143cm tall, where konata from lucky star (with some simmilar traits) is 142cm tall. Could it be a special height? Have the anime companies really came so far in the science of moe that they have managed to find the perfect height for otaku?

We can only hope...

Edit: I wasn't aware of this at the time, but apparently (much to my amusement) there IS a standard height for short anime energetic anime characters, ranging from 140-150cm. I'm officially freaked out

also we get a hint at the *gasp* devastating consequences of not finishing on time...
the plot is thick as molasses


I'd be more worried about the serious amount of
tears that one girl can cry. can anyone say dehydration?

all in all, not a bad episode, everything seems to wrap itself up nicely... though I was feeling very accepting of the content at the time that I watched it... except for the music, it pisses me off.
Edit: not the openings/endings, they're good. The background music sucks though
at this point there isnt much left about this to say ... geuss I should finally go to sleep or something...

YAY, my dreams will kick ass.

btw: found a nifty screen capture app, very lightweight and lots of features MWswap

No comments: